Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Misery

I am definitely suffering from travel burnout.  I have been away the last five weekends, and this trip came with an eventual meltdown.  My day began Friday at 5:15 a.m., traveling to SLC to catch my flight to Spokane.  I then had to rent a car and make the 2 hour drive down to Moscow, ID where I had to ref the University of Idaho vs. San Jose State, in the rain I might add.  I then drove back to Spokane to check into my motel.  Everything was relatively smooth up until this point.  As I took the exit to my motel, it quickly became apparent that something was very, very wrong.  Nothing matched up on my directions.  After another hour or more of trying to find my motel, my frustrations erupted and I had to call Teresa for "moral support".  It turns out that google maps screwed me over, telling me to exit the freeway 4 exits too early.  Teresa stayed on the phone with me until I was safe and sound in the Super 8 parking lot (what a great sister), and I was able to check in and finally get some dinner.  Unfortunately, there was nothing around except for some hillbilly diner, and a Subway inside of a gas station.  I went with speed and convenience and got me a Subway sandwich.  I ate it back in my room and prepared myself for the next morning, as I had to be back at the airport at 5:00 a.m.  It was a pretty rough and exhausting trip, and a sad way to spend Halloween.

so so sad to  be eating a stupid sandwich instead of chicken noodle soup

This morning didn't start off so hot either as everyone annoyed me at the airport (I must be suffering from lack of sleep, and/or jet lag), but it perked up once I got home, and decided to stop by my Grandma's house.  I have to say, I have the best Grandma in the world!  When I stopped, she happened to be making ANOTHER pot of chicken noodle soup, just for me!!!  This totally made my day!  I like to think it was good karma making up for a miserable trip and all the bad things that happened to me over the past week.  After ODP (Olympic Development Program) tryouts, I helped her and other family members rake the leaves in her yard, and then I finally got my bowl of chicken noodle soup, a bowl of chili, and... another bowl of chicken noodle soup.  All in all, I feel much better!

so so happy to get my soup afterall

3 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

Hey sounds like you didn't have the best day either - I am glad that it turned out better for you. I've heard that your grandma's soup is GREAT!

Jeanette said...

ooooooh so jealous of the soup!

Sorry you are feeling burned out, hope you can get some rest this week. Don't kill yourself off!

DottieLou said...

at least you made it ... You may want to try Yahoo Maps