Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Kid-Filled Weekend

So the past couple of months now I have been trying to start a new thing, and spend some good quality time with my nieces and nephews.  This month, I split up the boys and the girls into different days.  Here's how my weekend went...

Friday: Nephews' night out

I took AJ and Kimball rock climbing at The Rockhaus.  We had a BLAST!  AJ climbed to the top 6 times, after a few "trial runs".  I think he had to get a feel for it and work out some nerves.  Kimball is still working up to going half way up.  He did really awesome for a 4 year-old.  All the while I thought he was a little scared, but according to him when asked why he didn't go up higher, he said "it was too.... FUN!".  Go figure. Ha ha.  Afterward, we went to The Olive Garden and we each picked out a delicious dessert.

AJ, Sly, Kimball

Saturday: Nieces' night out

I took the girls to "Beadles" to bead some jewelry.  All three girls made earrings, and I made a bracelet.  The girls were all so proud of their creations.  Afterwards we went to The Bluebird, where we all picked out a few chocolate treats.   The night was somewhat short-lived as we had to be back to "Grandma Suzie's" for dinner.  Hopefully next time we'll get a full day of fun in!

Mia, Sly, Quincy, Emily Ty

I can't wait to see what's in store for next month.  I think the girls want a repeat, but we'll see if they change their minds.  I am so grateful to have this opportunity, and I hope the kids will always remember these great times and their "fun Aunt Sly".

4 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

You are such a great aunt! The kids love you - Cute pics!

DottieLou said...

how fun for them and for you

Melissa said...

The kids had a blast! Thanks!

Jeanette said...

sounds like a great time, what lucky nieces and nephews you have.