Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Travels


Any trip is off to a bad start when it's more than a task to get through airport security.  After taking my shoes off, one pant leg ended up being pulled up over my calf, and the crazy lady at security not only made sure I pulled it down, but she seemed overly concerned about it.  I never thought having a pant leg up posed as a security risk.  I'm sure I gave her a funny look, but I did what she asked with no comment.  Once walking through the metal detectors, she then made me put my arms up out to my side while she continued to THOROUGHLY pat me down.  Come on... was that really necessary?!  As I was being man handled, or woman handled, it occurred to me that perhaps she thought I was in a gang because of the pant leg thing.  Maybe she was looking for a hidden shiv, or a dime bag.  Who's to say?  

Luckily, things looked up as I was surprised my 4th official was waiting for me at the Spokane airport to take me to my motel.  I was happy to not have to take a cab.  My motel wasn't the greatest.  It was small, with super thin walls, but I was happy there were no cockroaches like Scuba Steve had warned me about when he stayed at that same hotel years back.  I ended up I falling asleep almost immediately.

So this morning I reffed Eastern Washington vs. Northern Colorado.  The game was pretty good, but really lopsided on fouls.  Funny how the foul committing team (EWU) never complained though.  I was 20 seconds away from a cardless game until a stupid Northern Colorado girl had to start lashing out at me.  They never learn.

Back to the airport.  This time I had over 2 hours to kill.  I love the Spokane airport though.  It's nice and clean, and they have good places to eat.  I ordered me some southwestern eggrolls from Chili's, and spent the rest of my time with my MBP.  The flight back was interesting as I ended up sitting next to a guy who knew the same people I knew in the soccer biz.  I usually keep to myself and do my own thing, but we had a really good conversation the entire flight, and I was able to be home by 9:00 p.m.  

Only one more game to go!  
Can't wait to be done!

P.O. (Peace Out)!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

You big thug you, pull your pant legs down *Sheesh* That poor security woman probably saw her life flash before her eyes an instant before you stabbed her with your sharpened spoon handle =0P