Friday, October 24, 2008

My 32 Tickets

Ok, ok... so yes, today was my Birthday.  First of all, it's the first Friday I've been home in a month.  I feel quite lucky, except it is short lived as I leave tomorrow for Eastern Washington.  Second, I wanna say thanks to Tony & Melissa, and of course the cute little nuggets for hacking in and posting on my blog.  That was quite the surprise!  I especially loved the "round off".


After reffing at Idaho State yesterday, I decided to do something fun for my Birthday, so I grabbed 32 lottery tickets on my way home.  I had planned to have the kids help me scratch them all off, and boy were they crazy over it.  Who knew this would be such a hit?!  We ended up winning $25, and I told the kids I'd use our winnings for a fun activity with them.  Any suggestions for 6 kids and $25???



Before all the scratching shenanigans, we all met up at Hamilton's for an amazing dinner, while Quincy watched the rest of the kids.  We were all quite nervous for her, but we weren't called once at dinner, and we saw no evidence of blood anywhere in the house.  Well done Quincy!!! Dinner itself was mmm... mmm... good.


Too bad it all has to come to an end and I have to ref 3 games in the next two days.  I ref two men's games tomorrow morning (a line and a center), catch a flight to Spokane tomorrow evening, and ref a Women's game Sunday morning.  After that, I only have one more assignment, which happens to be on Halloween.  No soup for ME.  :( 

The end is near!!!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. That is a chuckload of lottery tickets!