Friday, May 8, 2009

My California Adventure

Ten days in SoCal was GREAT!  First things first... for 2 months, Teresa, Ami, and I trained relentlessly for the La Jolla half marathon.  We all did great, and very little blood was shed as I managed to stab myself with the safety pin while running (I was trying to re-pin my bib, wanting to ditch my tank top... didn't work out), and Ami developed an unsightly blister on the top of her foot from the athletic tape.  One of the best things of this whole race, was the "pig out" session afterwards.  We burned over a thousand calories, so... who cares?!!!

Next on the list was TRAPEZE SCHOOL!  Ami is full of strange ideas, and even though I was dragging my feet up until the very end, it was super awesome.  We headed to the Santa Monica pier one morning and got to "fly" for a couple of hours.  I'm definitely going to try and return each visit.

I didn't get to see Fallon much, but Teresa and I drove out to Oxnard to watch her soccer games.  In Oxnard, I was able to meet up with a great old friend, Chris.  I think it's been almost 10 years since we saw each other.  It was just like old times.  

TOP 5 QUOTES OF THE TRIP

"She doesn't have a runner's face..."

"Sphincter don't fail me now..."

"DON'T TELL MY MOM!!!"

"Don't call me, just text."

"They never told me to let go of the bar..."

Even though the small screen doesn't do this movie justice, this was our adventure.  :)




No comments: