Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Winter Break

I've decided I need to recharge every couple of months, and the best way to do that is visit my family in California.  We always have a great time, and last weekend I took advantage of the time Mitch had off (he's on "paternity" leave).  Since it was Superbowl weekend, and his Cardinals were playing, it was even more special (until the Cards lost).  Anyhow, listed blow are the updates on everyone.

1- Getting to meet Hudson for the first time.  Although he's suffering from "Colic syndrome", he's still the cutest little butterball.  Funniest quote came from Brandon when he asked the little sumo... "How many chins do you have now?"

2-  Easton is in the fun, cute stage right now.  He's talking so much, and is so cute with his "baby brother".  Funniest quote from Easton came when he noticed I had some candy.  I thought I was being sneaky, but the kid has hawk eyes.  He came up to me and said... "trick or treat".  

3-  Fallon and her project.  Fallon had a school math project and had to triple the size of a Junior Mints box.  She spent a lot of time on it and it looked amazing at the end.  Funny quotes came the next day, when Teresa and I woke up early to take her to school...

Sly: "Do you have all your stuff?"

Fallon: "Mmm hmm... it's in the car."

Sly: "Do you have your Junior Mints box?"  (I had seen it on the table in the dining room just a few minutes earlier)

Fallon: "Ohhhh...."

4- Mitch & Teresa are suffering from lack of sleep and deal quite well with it... for the most part.  We had a great kid-less night out (well except for Fallon) on Saturday and met Ami and Brandon for dinner at Houston's.  It's always a highlight when we can all joke around together.  Mitch of course was devastated that his Cards lost, and Teresa and I looked forward everyday to see what Bryce was up to on facebook.

5- Ami & Brandon were absent the last few days due to Ami being sick.  They missed out on the Superbowl, or rather we missed out on Brandon's chocolate chip cookies.  Funny quotes about this were between Teresa and I when Ami said she wasn't up to coming over.

Sly:  "Ami said she's not up for a lot of people... she's not coming.  She said Brandon even made his chocolate chip cookies."

Teresa:  "Well... can Brandon come?"

It was a great trip, and I have put together a nice little video to sum things up...



1 comment:

The Strawn Family said...

Looks like fun! Your video was so cute.