Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back To Utah

Last week Teresa and Mitch decided to make a spontaneous trip to Utah before Mitch had to be back to work.  They flew me out to meet them in Vegas and make the partial drive with them.  This was my week:
  • Tuesday:  Flew into Vegas, took a cab to the Venetian where Teresa and Mitch were staying.  We ate dinner, played on our computers, and pretty much just went to bed. 
  • Wednesday: Got a late start as always.  Bought a 20 pound chocolate cake from The Grand Lux Cafe for Melissa, and started the long drive to Logan.  During the way, Hudson had his first "blow out" diaper, and Easton got freaked out when he was in the bathroom with me and the automatic lights went off.  After making it to Logan, Easton kept pointing to the wall, while sort of whimpering.  I finally discovered that he was pointing at his shadow.  I guess that freaked him out as well.  Ha ha.
  • Thursday:  Dinner at Tony & Melissa's.  Melissa made lasagna, but the highlight was the chocolate cake.  The kids picked at the chocolate chips, and couldn't wait to dig in.  It was the most delicious cake ever!  Mitch and I then went to play in my indoor soccer game, and while I was thinking he would turf it within 5 seconds of stepping on the field, he actually did quite well and didn't fall until the second half when his legs were so fatigued.  I was impressed.
  • Friday:  Soup with Grandma.  Teresa made chicken soup with dumplings (I added noodles), and it was amazing.  Grandma's house has always been a comforting place for us, and it was nice to spend time with her.
  • Saturday: Monster truck show.  Mitch and Easton went down to Salt Lake with me, AJ, and Kimball to see the Monster Trucks.  Despite the weather and traffic, it was a lot of fun.  We stopped at the Gateway Apple store on the way home to get Teresa a Valentines present, and had pizza at Kimmie and Bryce's that night.
  • Sunday:  Teresa and Mitch left, and that was that.  The days go by so fast, and there never seems to be enough time.  I always hate it when they leave.
We all wish Ami and Brandon could have made the trip as well, but hopefully we can all get together as siblings soon.  I have the best brothers and sisters anyone could ask for.  


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Great video! I've got to get up to speed with this. There is nothing more fun than watching a quick clip of a great weekend!

teresachaisson said...

What a fast weekend! It's so nice that I have a film sistah.