Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My First Two

I am now ready to dive in to 2009!  Yeah... If you think I'm behind, you're dead wrong... I'm running on the Chinese New Year's calendar, so I am in fact... early.  I guess you could say I made a compromise and split the difference, and am now making a list of things I want to accomplish in '09.  My sister-in-law, Melissa had a great idea on her blog and posted 52 things for 52 weeks.  I was going to follow her lead, but decided that I needed a timeline to stay focused.  I've decided to take life a couple of months at a time, where I'm able to live for today, but still look ahead to and plan for tomorrow without getting TOO overwhelmed.  I've picked several things I want to do or accomplish for January and February, and are as follows:

January
  1. Organize, organize, organize (I need to get my sh..... stuff in order!  This is my number 1 priority!  If I eliminate chaos, the rest should hopefully fall into place much easier)
  2. Go to lunch with a friend (To me, life is about the relationships you build)
  3. Take my nieces out for a fun activity  ("Beadles" I'm guessing)
  4. Read a book (This month it's "One Breath At A Time"... It's about Buddhism)
  5. Visit my Grandma as often as I can (I'm hoping at least on a weekly basis)  
  6. Start a training program (I'm trying a new program with some of my co-workers... I hope we get it soon!)
  7. Finish my 2009 calendar (I am making my own with iphoto this year)
February
  1. Back up my Mac onto an external hard drive (Teresa's got to help me with this one... good thing I'm going out to L.A. this month)
  2. Start scanning old photos and slides (This alone will take months and months, but I have to start somewhere)
  3. Start editing old video (This also will take months to do)
  4. Go to lunch with a friend (This is pretty much a monthly goal)
  5. Read a book (I still need to finish the second to last Harry Potter... I suck, I know...)
  6. Take my nephews out for a fun activity (I'm shooting for the "Monster Truck " event... Kimball LOVES monster trucks)
So that's my plan for the first two months.  I hope it's as simple as it seems.  Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Way to go Sly. Hope your list keeps you as motivated as I'm hoping mine does!

Brie Wheelwright said...

Good for you! I like to think I'm organized but I'm way behind you.